Enrolling In Texas Medicaid Or Texas CHIP
Medicaid - Eligibility for full benefits
Families and children - Based on income level
- 198% of the federal poverty level (FPL) for pregnant women/newborns
- 144% FPL for children 1-5 years
- 133% FPL for children 6-18 years
- 14% FPL Parents and Caretakers
Children in foster care or in Child Protective Services Custody
Cash assistance recipients - Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Aged/disabled - Based on income level, age, physical/ mental disability
Medicaid - Eligibility for limited benefits
- Medicare Beneficiaries - Based on income level and age
- Non-Citizens - Legal permanent residents and undocumented persons who are not eligible for Medicaid based on citizenship status may receive emergency services
- Non-pregnant women - Based on income level and age
Who is eligible for CHIP?
- A U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
- A Texas resident
- Under age of 19
- Uninsured for at least 90 days
- Living in a family whose income is at or below 200 percent of FPL
- Living in a family that passes an asset test if family income is above 150 percent of the FPL.
Check out the Texas Health and Human Services Commission: Your Benefits website. Patients can use this website to apply for Texas Medicaid and for Texas CHIP.
Phone (Texas CHIP)