WIC is a free program that provides nutritious food packages, nutrition education and counseling, and breastfeeding support to eligible mothers and children.
Who is eligible?
- Pregnant women and mothers who are breastfeeding a baby up to 1 year of age
- Women who have had a baby in the past six months
- Parents, step-parents, guardians, and foster parents children 0-5 years old can apply for their children
- Households with incomes at or below 185 percent of the federal poverty level
- U.S. citizenship is not a requirement for eligibility
Program application instructions can be found in the document below. Call to make an appointment to begin the application process.
Texas WIC: 1-800-WIC-FORU (1-800-942-3678)
Houston WIC: 832-393-5427
WIC Clinic Locator
What to bring to your WIC appointment: